- Countries info
Oman: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Oman: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Oman
In the west of the country it is recommended not to visit the desert.
In Muscat, the airport was temporarily shut down and the flooding caused traffic chaos in the city.
The visa-free regime lasts 14 days and can be extended for a month for $52.
There will be thunderstorms in Muscat and flights may be delayed.
The flight time is 3 hours and 40 minutes. Tickets cost from $600 roundtrip.
Tickets cost from $280 one way.
National holidays in Oman in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Oman in 2023. Non-working days:
- February 18, Saturday: Israa wal Miraj (الإسراء والمعراج);
- from April 21 to April 24, from Friday to Monday: Eid ul-Fitr (عيد الفطر);
- from June 28 to July 1, from Wednesday to Saturday: Eid al-Adha (عيد الأضحى);
- July 19, Wednesday: Islamic New Year (رأس السنة الهجرية);
- July 23, Sunday: Resurrection Day (يوم النهضة);
- September 27, Wednesday: Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad (المولد النبوي الشريف);
- November 18, Saturday: National Day (اليوم الوطني).
Official holidays in Oman are Thursday and Friday. Private companies also work on Thursday until lunch. Banks are open to work with clients from 08:00 to 14:00 from Sunday to Thursday (Friday and Saturday are days off).