Country`s borders status
Borders of Hungary are temporarily closed.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- citizens of Hungary and their family members;
- passengers with a residence permit issued by Hungary with a validity longer than 90 days;
- holders of a “D” visa issued by Hungary;
- passengers transiting Hungary to another country. They must prove that they are allowed to enter the final destination or a neighboring country in order to reach their final destination;
- passengers traveling on business;
- holders of a signed and stamped letter issued by the Deputy-Chief Officer of the National Police;
- holders of a positive COVID-19 test result of a test taken not more than 6 months before arrival. They must also have a recovery certificate;
- holders of an immunity COVID-19 certificate issued by Albania, Bahrain, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Georgia, Hungary, Moldova (Rep.), Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, North Macedonia (Rep.), Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Turkey or Ukraine. Minors under 18 years are allowed to travel with them;
- until 11 July 2021, holders of a printed or electronic ticket for the EURO 2021 who have a printed negative COVID-19 PCR test result issued in English or Hungarian not more than 72 hours before arrival.
Arriving passengers could be subject to medical screening and quarantine for 10 days.