- Countries info
Uruguay: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Uruguay
21.03.2023 22:00Azul will reduce the frequency of flights between Recife, Brazil, and Montevideo, Uruguay, from 2 to 1 flight per week as of 2 April.
Tickets cost from $440 roundtrip.
07.03.2023 20:00Aerolineas Argentinas will fly from Buenos Aires to Montevideo, Uruguay, since 10 April.
Flights are three times a week. Tickets cost from $275 roundtrip.
26.02.2023 22:00Foreigners need health insurance to travel to Uruguay.
The reason for entry does not matter.
07.02.2023 22:00International Film Festival takes place in Punta del Este until 11 February.
Films from all over the world will be screened in cinemas and in the open air at the seaside resort. Actors and directors have been invited. The venue is the Casa de la Cultura Theatre. Admission is free.
02.02.2023 20:00Azul is increasing the number of seats on flights between Foza de Iguaçu, Brazil, and Montevideo, Uruguay.
An Embraer E-2 with a capacity of 136 passengers will now be used.
29.01.2023 21:00Air Europa will increase the frequency of flights between Montevideo, Uruguay, and Madrid, Spain.
Flights are five times a week. Tickets cost from $1,230 roundtrip.
National holidays in Uruguay in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Uruguay in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Año Nuevo)
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Epifanía)
- March 20, Monday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- March 21, Tuesday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- April 6, Thursday: Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Buen viernes)
- April 17, Monday: Landing of the Patriots (Aterrizaje de los patriotas)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (día del Trabajo)
- May 22, Monday: Battle of Las Piedras (Batalla de Las Piedras)
- June 19, Monday: Birth of Artigas (Nacimiento de Artigas)
- July 18, Tuesday: Constitution Day (día de la Constitución)
- August 25, Friday: Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- October 16, Monday: Día de la Raza (Día de la Raza)
- November 2, Thursday: All Souls’ Day (Día de los Fieles Difuntos)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Navidad)