- Countries info
- South Africa
South Africa: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
South Africa: country’s borders status
Borders are open
Arriving passengers are subject to medical screening
News — South Africa
02.03.2023 13:28Air Algerie will fly twice a week from Algeria to Johannesburg, South Africa, from 26 March.
Tickets cost from $400 one way.
15.02.2023 11:00A state of emergency has been declared in South Africa due to floods.
Heavy rains have caused floods in seven provinces.
22.01.2023 11:00Airlink will fly from Johannesburg, South Africa, to Madagascar from 30 January on Mondays.
Tickets cost from $85 one way.
19.12.2022 16:00South African Airway flies from Johannesburg, South Africa, 6 days a week to Victoria Falls, Zimbabwe.
Tickets cost from $350 one way.
30.11.2022 15:17The Lift flies twice a day from Cape Town to Durban, South Africa.
The flight time is 2 hours and 5 minutes. Tickets cost from $108 one way.
15.11.2022 14:00British Airways will fly twice daily from London to Cape Town, South Africa, from 20 November.
The flight time is 11 hours and 55 minutes. Tickets cost from $950 one way.
National holidays in South Africa in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in South Africa in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year’s Day;
- January 2, Monday: New Year;
- March 21, Tuesday: Human Rights Day;
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday;
- April 10, Monday: Family Day;
- April 27, Thursday: Freedom Day;
- May 1, Monday: Workers’ Day;
- June 16, Friday: Youth Day;
- August 9, Wednesday: National Women’s Day;
- September 24, Sunday: Heritage Day;
- September 25, Monday: Heritage Day Holiday;
- December 16, Saturday: Day of Reconciliation;
- December 25, Monday: Christmas;
- December 26, Tuesday: Day of Goodwill.
If a holiday falls on a Sunday, the following Monday becomes a holiday.