- Countries info
- New Zealand
New Zealand: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
New Zealand: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — New Zealand
17.03.2023 11:00A 7.1 magnitude earthquake struck New Zealand.
A tsunami threat has been declared in the country. There were no casualties.
12.03.2023 18:00Air New Zealand will fly from Shanghai to Auckland five times a week from 27 March.
Tickets cost from $900 roundtrip.
11.03.2023 14:30China Southern will fly daily from Guangzhou to Auckland since March 27.
The flight time is 11 hours. The cost of tickets is from $1,200 roundtrip.
09.03.2023 17:40China Eastern will fly daily from Shanghai to Auckland since 27 March.
Tickets cost from $1,200 roundtrip.
16.02.2023 14:00A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9 struck New Zealand.
There were no fatalities or injuries.
10.02.2023 12:00Cyclone Gabriel is coming to New Zealand.
A state of emergency has been declared in Auckland and residents have been urged to stock up on basic necessities for at least three days. Air New Zealand asks passengers to rebook flights in advance.
National holidays in New Zealand in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in New Zealand in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year’s Day;
- Monday, 2 January: Day after New Year’s Day;
- January 3, Tuesday: New Year Holiday;
- Monday, 23 January: Wellington Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 30 January: Auckland Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 30 January: Nelson Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 6 February: Waitangi Day;
- Monday, 13 March: Taranaki Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 20 March: Otago Anniversary Day;
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday;
- April 10, Monday: Easter Monday;
- Tuesday, 11 April: Southland Anniversary Day;
- Tuesday, 25 April: Anzac Day;
- Monday, 5 June: King’s Birthday;
- Friday, 14 July: Matariki;
- Monday, 25 September: South Canterbury Anniversary Day;
- Friday 20 October: Hawkes’ Bay Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 23 October: Labor Day;
- Monday, 30 October: Marlborough Anniversary Day;
- Friday, 17 November: Canterbury Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 27 November: Chatham Islands Anniversary Day;
- Monday, 4 December: Westland Anniversary Day;
- December 25, Monday: Christmas;
- Tuesday, 26 December: Boxing Day.