- Countries info
Guatemala: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Guatemala: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Guatemala
20.02.2023 21:00TagAirlines (Guatemala) and Iberia (Spain) have signed an interline agreement.
Single tickets for flights between Europe and Central America will be available to passengers.
23.01.2023 20:00La Aurora International Airport (Guatemala) remains temporarily closed due to fog.
17.01.2023 21:00Guatemala has declared a yellow alert because of the mass arrival of illegal migrants at the northern border with Mexico.
Guatemalan police are stepping up security at checkpoints with Honduras.
05.01.2023 23:00Earthquakes of magnitude 4.8 were recorded in Guatemala and El Salvador.
There were no injuries or fatalities.
02.01.2023 21:00United Airlines will resume flights from Houston to Managua, Guatemala, from 4 January.
Tickets cost from $593 roundtrip.
12.12.2022 11:45The Fuego volcano in Guatemala has begun to erupt.
A pillar of ash and smoke rose to a height of five kilometres.
National holidays in Guatemala in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Guatemala in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Año Nuevo)
- April 6, Thursday: Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Buen viernes)
- April 8, Saturday: Easter (Pascua de Resurrección)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (día del Trabajo)
- July 3, Monday: Army Day (Día del ejército)
- September 15, Friday: Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- October 20, Friday: Revolution Day (Día de revolución)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints’ Day (Día de Todos los Santos)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Navidad)