- Countries info
Greece: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Greece: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Greece
23.03.2023 19:30Rail transport is partially operational in Greece.
A travel ban was imposed after two trains collided on 28 February.
22.03.2023 20:50Scoot will increase the frequency of flights from Singapore to Athens to four a week from 26 March.
Tickets cost from $570 roundtrip.
21.03.2023 22:35Greece has extended a ban on the Navigo beach on the island of Zakynthos due to the risk of landslides.
The site is a tourist attraction in the country and is popular on social media.
15.03.2023 11:20A nationwide strike will take place in Greece on 16 March.
Aegean Airlines and Olympic Air will cancel all their flights.
02.03.2023 15:00A three-day mourning period has been declared in Greece following a train accident.
All festivities have been cancelled.
01.03.2023 12:30A goods train and a passenger train collided in Greece near the town of Larissa.
Twenty-eight people were killed.
National holidays in Greece in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Greece in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Πρωτοχρονιά)
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Θεοφάνεια)
- February 27, Monday: Clean Monday (Καθαρά Δευτέρα)
- March 25, Saturday: Annunciation (Ευαγγελισμός της Θεοτόκου)
- March 25, Saturday: Independence Day (Εικοστή Πέμπτη Μαρτίου)
- April 14, Friday: Good Friday (Μεγάλη Παρασκευή)
- April 16, Sunday: Easter Sunday (Κυριακή του Πάσχα)
- April 17, Monday: Easter Monday (Δευτέρα του Πάσχα)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (Εργατική Πρωτομαγιά)
- June 4, Sunday: Pentecost (Πεντηκοστή’)
- June 5, Monday: Whit Monday (Δευτέρα Πεντηκοστής)
- August 15, Tuesday: Assumption Day (Κοίμηση της Θεοτόκου)
- October 28, Saturday: Ochi Day (Το Όχι)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Χριστούγεννα)
- December 26, Tuesday: St. Stephen’s Day (Σύναξις Υπεραγίας Θεοτόκου Μαρίας)