- Countries info
Ecuador: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Ecuador: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Ecuador
21.03.2023 23:30Ecuador’s Sangay volcano in the Macasa region is expected to erupt.
An ash column has been recorded and locals are advised to be vigilant.
20.03.2023 20:30A magnitude 6.8 earthquake was recorded in northern Peru and southern Ecuador.
Fourteen people were killed in Ecuador and one in Peru.
12.02.2023 22:00More than 3,500 forgotten items will be auctioned off at Mariscal Sucre Airport in Quito, Ecuador, on 15 February.
All items not claimed during the year will be put up for sale.
07.02.2023 19:00Avianca has increased the number of seats on the San Jose (Costa Rica) – Quito (Ecuador) – Buenos Aires (Argentina) route.
Instead of 120, there are now 180.
31.01.2023 21:09Ecuador has declared 6 February a non-working day.
A referendum on constitutional change will be held on 5 February.
04.01.2023 20:00LATAM flies from Cuenca, Ecuador, to Miami with a connection in Quito.
Tickets cost from $490 roundtrip.
National holidays in Ecuador in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Ecuador in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Año Nuevo)
- February 20, Monday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- March 21, Tuesday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- March 7, Friday: Good Friday (Viernes Santo)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (día del Trabajo)
- May 24, Wednesday: The Battle of Pichincha (La batalla de Pichincha)
- August 10, Thursday: Declaration of Independence of Quito (Primer Grito de Independencia)
- October 9, Monday: Independence of Guayaquil (Independencia de Guayaquil)
- November 2, Thursday: All Souls’ Day (Día de Muertos)
- November 3, Friday: Independence of Cuenca (Independencia de Cuenca)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Navidad)