- Countries info
Cyprus: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Cyprus: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Cyprus
08.03.2023 13:00Northern Cyprus will launch its own airline, Cyprus Airlines, on 13 March.
The carrier plans to fly to Antalya.
18.11.2022 15:00Cyprus Airways will fly from Larnaca, Cyprus, to Rome on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 20 December.
The flight time is 3 hours and 20 minutes. Tickets cost from $115 one way.
17.11.2022 14:20Cyprus Airways will fly from Larnaca, Cyprus, to Paris from 16 December on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays.
Tickets cost from $250 one way.
02.11.2022 17:00Visa to Cyprus will still be paid for Russians from December 1.
You can pay in roubles at the consulate internal rate.
02.11.2022 09:00Cyprus is not yet introducing fees for visas for Russians.
According to media reports, the fee will be introduced on December 1. Its cost – $80 for adults, $40 – for children from 6 to 12 years.
20.10.2022 17:30In Cyprus, the beaches part in Ayia Napa are closed due to strong winds.
The hurricane turned into a tornado and there were no casualties.
National holidays in Cyprus in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Cyprus in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Νέος χρόνος);
- Friday, January 6: Epiphany (Βάπτισμα);
- Monday, 27 February: Green Monday (Πράσινη Δευτέρα);
- Saturday 25 March: Greek Independence Day (Ημέρα Ανεξαρτησίας της Ελλάδας);
- Saturday, 1 April: Cyprus National Day (Εθνική Ημέρα Κύπρου);
- Friday, 14 April: Orthodox Good Friday (Ορθόδοξη Μεγάλη Παρασκευή);
- Sunday 16 April: Orthodox Easter Sunday (Κυριακή του Πάσχα της Ορθοδοξίας);
- April 17, Monday: Bright Monday (Λαμπρή Δευτέρα);
- Monday, 1 May: Labor Day (Εργατική Πρωτομαγιά);
- Monday, 5 June: Trinity Monday (Τριάδα Δευτέρα);
- Tuesday 15 August: Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary (Κοιμήσεως της Υπεραγίας Θεοτόκου);
- Sunday 1 October: Cyprus Independence Day (Ημέρα Κυπριακής Ανεξαρτησίας);
- Saturday 28 October: Greek National Day, Ohi Day (Εθνική εορτή της Ελλάδας, Ημέρα του Ohi);
- Sunday 24 December: Christmas Eve (παραμονή Χριστουγέννων);
- Monday, 25 December: Christmas (Χριστούγεννα);
- Tuesday, December 26: Second Day of Christmas (Χριστούγεννα).
Bridge holidays in Cyprus in 2023:
- banks will be closed on Easter as well on January 18 (Tuesday).