- Countries info
Belgium: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Belgium: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
News — Belgium
16.03.2023 15:00A carnival will take place in Stavlo, Belgium, from 18 to 20 March.
Men dress in white clothes with false noses and throw confetti around the streets. On these days it is customary to tell jokes and joke around a lot.
22.02.2023 12:30Hainan Airlines will increase the frequency of its Beijing-Brussels flights to seven per week.
The flight time is 10 hours and 35 minutes. Tickets cost from $670 one way.
16.12.2022 13:20A national trade union strike will take place in Belgium on 16 December.
Brussels airport has cancelled 200 flights due to staff shortages.
National holidays in Belgium in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Belgium in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Neujahr)
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Guter Freitag)
- April 9, Sunday: Easter (Ostern)
- April 10, Monday: Easter (Ostern)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (Tag der Arbeit)
- May 18, Thursday: Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt)
- May 28, Sunday: Whitsunday (Whitsunday)
- May 29, Monday: Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag)
- July 21, Friday: National Holiday (Nationalfeiertag)
- August 15, Tuesday: Assumption of Mary (Maria Himmelfahrt)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen)
- November 11, Saturday: Armistice Day (Tag des Waffenstillstands)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Weihnachten)
- December 26, Tuesday: Bank Holiday (Feiertag)