- Countries info
Azerbaijan: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Azerbaijan: country’s borders status
Borders are open with restrictions.
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- citizens and residents of Albania, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Belgium, Bhutan, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China (People’s Rep.), Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Dominican Rep., Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Guatemala, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland (Rep.), Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Korea (Rep.), Kuwait, Lao People’s Dem. Rep., Latvia, Lebanon, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Malta, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova (Rep.), Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands, New Zealand, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russian Fed., Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sweden, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, USA, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Venezuela and Viet Nam;
- residents of Hong Kong and United Kingdom;
- holders of a British passport;
- passengers with a Hong Kong passport;
- holders of a diplomatic passport;
- spouses, children, parents, grandparents and grandchildren of citizens and residents of Azerbaijan.
Passengers must have:
- a printed COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated (both printed and digital); or
- a printed COVID-19 recovery certificate (both printed and digital).
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- people under 18;
- citizens of Azerbaijan;
- citizens of Azerbaijan with a residence permit valid for a minimum of 2 years from the date of issuance;
- passengers with family members of nationals of Azerbaijan.
Citizens of Russian Fed. last COVID-19 vaccination dose must not exceed 1 year and the QR code must be scanned to check for validity.
News — Azerbaijan
Today 10:00Azerbaijan has lifted all covid restrictions for passengers arriving in the country by air.
Vaccination certificates are not required for visits to hotels and shopping malls.
28.03.2023 21:10IrAero will fly from Ufa to Baku on Wednesdays, March 29.
Tickets cost from $140 one way.
25.03.2023 12:00The Embassy of Azerbaijan will open in Tel Aviv.
The diplomatic mission will hold a drawing for free air tickets to Israel.
21.03.2023 20:45AZAL will fly from Kuwait to Baku on Wednesdays and Saturdays from 22 April.
Tickets cost from $150 one way.
15.03.2023 16:40IrAero will fly from Krasnoyarsk to Baku on Sundays from 2 April.
Tickets cost from 25 000 rubles one way.
11.03.2023 17:00China Southern Airlines will fly from Baku to Guangzhou on Wednesdays and Sundays from 13 March.
Tickets cost from $350 one way.
National holidays in Azerbaijan in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Azerbaijan in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Saturday: New Year (Yeni il);
- January 20, Thursday: Memorial Day of the Victims of the Totalitarian Regime (Totalitar Regim Qurbanların Anım Günü);
- March 8, Tuesday: International Women’s Day (Beynəlxalq Women’s Day);
- March 20, Sunday: Nowruz Bayram (Nowruz holiday);
- May 9, Monday: Victory Day over Fascism (Victory Day over Fascism);
- April 21, 22, Friday, Saturday: Ramazan Bayram (Ramazan Bayramı);
- May 28, Saturday: Republic Day (Respublika Günü);
- June 15, Wednesday: National Salvation Day (Milli Qurtuluş Günü);
- June 26, Sunday: National Army Day (Milli Ordu Günü);
- June 28, 29, Wednesday, Thursday: Eid al-Adha (Qurban bayramı);
- October 18, Tuesday: Independence Day (Müstaqillik Günü);
- November 9, Wednesday: State Flag Day (Dövlət Bayrağı Günü);
- November 12, Saturday: Constitution Day (Konstitusiya günü);
- December 31, Saturday: Azerbaijani Solidarity Day (Azərbaycanlıların Həmrəyliyi Günü).
Bridge holidays in Azerbaijan in 2023: the days off are January 3, 4, April 24 and May 29.