- Countries info
Austria: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Austria: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there is no COVID-related restrictions are imposed.
News — Austria
21.02.2023 12:30Air India flies from Vienna to Delhi on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
The flight time is 8 hours and 40 minutes. Tickets cost from $800 roundtrip.
07.02.2023 15:00An avalanche killed 10 people in the Austrian Alps.
The victims included tourists from New Zealand, China and Germany.
06.02.2023 15:00Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic have been hit by heavy snowfalls.
In the mountainous regions of Styria, roads are closed due to the danger of avalanches.
31.01.2023 14:00Austria and the Czech Republic have extended border controls on their border with Slovakia.
Police officers carry out random checks.
25.01.2023 12:00Salzburg (Austria) will host Mozart Week from 26 January to 5 February to mark the anniversary of his birth.
The city will host a series of concerts in honour of the composer.
06.01.2023 11:30In Europe, winter sports competitions have been cancelled due to a lack of snow.
Abnormally high temperatures and rain have forced the closure of ski resorts in France, Spain, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, Croatia and Germany.
National holidays in Austria in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Austria in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Offenbarung)
- April 10, Monday: Easter (Ostern)
- May 1, Monday: Labor Day (Tag der Arbeit)
- May 18, Thursday: Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt)
- May 29, Monday: Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag)
- June 8, Thursday: Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi)
- August 15, Tuesday: Assumption (Mariä Aufnahme in den Himmel)
- October 26, Thursday: National Day (Nationalfeiertag)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen)
- December 8, Friday: Immaculate Conception (Unbefleckte Empfängnis)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas Day (Weihnachtstag)
- December 26, Tuesday: St. Stephen`s Day (Stephanstag)