Country`s borders status
Borders are temporarily closed.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- citizens and residents of UAE. Residents of UAE must have approval obtained online before departure. Residents of UAE mist check their status before departure via dedicated website;
- houseworkers travelling with their sponsors;
- tourists travelling to Dubai (DXB). They must have a medical insurance;
- citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman and Saudi Arabia with a United Arab Emirates Identity Card arriving at Dubai (DXB);
- citizens of South Korea travelling under Fast Track and arriving at Dubai (DXB) or Abu Dhabi (AUH). They must have pre-approved entry permit or a prearranged visa, in case they are arriving at DXB;
- citizens of Indonesia travelling under Safe Travel Corridor. They must be holders of return ticket, entry approval and must have medical certificate with negative COVID-19 test result.
- holders of entrance permit issued by UAE.
Passengers arriving at (icluding transit passengers) DWC or DXB airports must have medical certificate with negative COVID-19 test result if they are arriving from of the following countires: Afghanistan, Angola, Argentina, Bangladesh, Cambodia, Chile, Ivory Coast, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Georgia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Morocco, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Senegal, Slovakia, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Zambia.
Citizens of UAE transiting from abovementioned countries doesn’t need a COVID certificate.
Common requirements for a covid certificate:
- The certificate must be issued no more than 96 hours before departure of the last direct flight to UAE.
- Test must be PCR;
- must be issued in Arabic or English.
Tourists arriving to Dubai (DXB) from Germany or United Kingdom, are allowed not to have a COVID medical certificate.
Citizens of Nigeria must be holders of a return ticket and confirmed hotel booking.
Transit via Abu-Dhabi (AUH) airport can’t be more than 12 hours.
Arriving passengers are subject to medical screening. They must as well present a completed medical declaration and register via Covid-19 DXB Smart App.
Passengers entering or transiting via Dubai airport (DXB) must have medical certificate with negative COVID-19 test result. The certificate must be issued no more than 96 hours before arrival.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- children younger than 12 years;
- passengers with disabilities;
Visa on arrival facilities at Abu Dhabi have been restarted.