Borders of Chinese Taipei are temporarily closed.
The following passengers are allowed to transit:
- passengers transiting through Taoyuan (TPE) on the same calendar day for a maximum of 12 hours. The connecting flight must be booked on the same ticket. They must not be arriving from or traveling to China.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- holders of a Chinese Taipei travel document;
- holders of an Alien Resident Certificate;
- holders of a “SPECIAL ENTRY PERMIT FOR COVID-19 OUTBREAK” visa with “CC”, “CF”, “DC”, “EN”, “ER”, “FC”, “FD”, “FO”, “FL”, “FR”, “FS”, “M”, “OC”, “OSHC”, “HS”, “J”, “OC”, “OS”, “SC”, “SF”, “P”, “TC”, “TS”, “X” stated on remarks;
- holders of an APEC Business Travel Card valid for travel to “TWN”. They must prove their business travel purpose;
- holders of a MOFA ID;
- until 5 July 2022, participants of the 4th World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) Elective Congress with an official invitation letter issued by the WBSC
Arriving and transiting passengers must have a negative COVID-19 test taken at most 2 days before departure from the first embarkation point. Tests accepted are: LAMP, NAAT, PCR, RNA, RT-LAMP and RT-PCR.
This doesn’t apply to:
- holders of a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport;
- holders of an Alien Resident Certificate.
More details can be found here.
Holders of a Chinese Taipei (on the cover: Republic of China Taiwan) passport or an Alien Resident Certificate without a negative COVID-19 test result (tests accepted are: LAMP, NAAT, PCR, RNA, RT-LAMP and RT-PCR) issued at most 2 days before departure from the first embarkation point:
- must complete an “Entry Quarantine Affidavit” before departure;
- are subject to an RT-PCR test upon arrival at their own expense.
Arriving people must submit before departure a completed “Quarantine System for Entry Form”
Arriving people must have a confirmed booking of quarantine facility or hotel.
This rule does not apply to passengers eligible for home quarantine. They must present a declaration certificate from the “Quarantine System for Entry Form” submitted before departure.
Arriving people are subject to a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival and quarantine for 3 days.
Suspension of visa exemptions, visa on arrival facilities and e-visa entry.
Until 5 July 2022, this does not apply to participants of the 4th World Baseball Softball Confederation (WBSC) Elective Congress with an official invitation letter issued by the WBSC, who can obtain a visa on arrival.