Entry and transit are temporarily closed.
The following passengers are allowed to enter Thailand:
- citizens, residents and students; spouses and children of citizens of Thailand;
- holders of valid visas issued by Thailand;
- citizens of Australia, China, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Vietnam and Taiwan holding APEC Business Travel Card and arriving directly from country of their citizenship;
- residents of Hong Kong holding APEC Business Travel Card and arriving directly from Hong Kong;
- passengers transiting via Bangkok (BKK);
- visa-exempted passengers;
- those arriving to Phuket (HKT) or Samui (USM) from the countries listed below and who have been in the past 21 days only in these countries:
Albania, Andorra, Antigua and Barbuda, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Barbados, Belgium, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Bulgaria, Cambodia, Canada, Chile, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Dominic, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Kuwait, Laos, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Malta, Mauritius, Monaco, Morocco, Myanmar, Netherlands New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, USA, Vietnam, Japan, Mongolia, Uzbekistan;
Arriving passengers must have the following:
- any negative PCR COVID-19 test result. The result must be issued no more than 72 hours before departure and must be in English.
- a medical insuarance covering th cost of medical treatment for at least USD 100,000;
- Certificate of Entry issued bt embassy of Thailand;
- must be registered via ThailandPlus mobile application;
This rule doesn’t apply to citizens of Thailand (they need medical insurance if travelling to Phuket or Samui).
The maximum transit time for Phuket or Samui is 12 hours.
Transit passengers who doesn’t disembark doesn’t need negative PCR test result, nor vaccination certificate nor medical insurance.
Passengers travelling to Phuket or Samui must have a return or onward ticket for a flight departing from Thailand no more than 14 days after their arrival. They must also have a proof of payment for Safety and Health Administration (SHA+) accommodation during their stay and proof of payment for COVID-19 test in Samui.
Passengers arriving from India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Pakistan are barred from entry except for citizens of Thailand.
Arriving passengers are subject to medical screening and quarantine for a minimum of 14 days on their own expence. Thus they must have a confirmed hotel booking. Citizens of Thailand doesn’t need such reservation.
Passengers arriving to Phuket shall not be quarantined in case they have a vaccination certificate stating they were fully vaccinated no less than 14 days before arrival. Eligible vaccines are: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AZD1222 (SK Bioscience Co Ltd.), Covidshield, Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V. Children under 18 years without a certificate may not have a vaccination certificate if they are accompanied by vaccinated parents.
Citizens of Thailand shall be quarantined for 14 days except for those travelling to Phuket or Samui with a valid vaccination certificate.
Visa waiver suspended for citizens of Cambodia and Myanmar.