Borders are open with restrictions.
Only those with an approval approval from the Cabinet of Samoa may enter the country.
Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in countries mentioned below are barred from entry:
Australia, Belgium, Botswana, Eswatini, Fiji, Germany, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, United Kingdom, USA, Zimbabwe.
Every passenger older than 12 years must have a valid vaccination certificate.
Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
Arriving passengers must have a printed negative COVID-19 (LAMP, NAAT, NEAR, RT-PCR, SDA, TMA) test result taken no more than 48 hours before departure from the first embarkation point. Additionally, they must have an antibody test result issued no more than 5 days before departure from the 1st embarakation point.
These passengers do not need an antibody test:
- arriving from American Samoa;
- arriving from New Zealand if they were there at least for 28 days or they have completed 14-days quarantine there no more than 32 hours before departure to Samoa;
- holders of a valid vaccination certificate.
No less than 120 hours before departure from the first embarkation point passengers must complete a special form online.
The vaccination certificate considering valid if:
- it is stated that it’s holder was fully vaccinated no more than 270 days before arrival or he or she was fully vaccinated and received a booster dose;
- the jab was made with one of the accepted vaccines: AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), Astrazeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covishield, Covovax, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax),Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac;
- it is in English;
- it is printed.