Borders are opened with restrictions.
These passenger may enter the country:
- citizens of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates, their spouses and children and their domestic workers;
- passengers with a residence permit issued by Qatar. In case the permit is temporary, they must have an Exceptional Entry Permit;
- holders of a valid vaccination or recovery certificate;
- passengers arriving from green list country;
Passengers who are arriving from or transited via red list countries must have a valid vaccination or recovery certificate. Alternatively even if they allowed to enter they shall be quarantined for 5 days.
Red list countries:
Bangladesh, Egypt, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka.
Green countries list:
all the states not mentioned above.
Every passenger must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result taken mo more than 48 hours before arrival.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- citizens and residents of Qatar;
- holders of a valid vaccination or recovery certificate who are citizens or residents of the countries mentioned below, arriving from green countries:
Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Kuwait, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Oman, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates.
All passengers, except for citizens and residents of Qatar with a valid vaccination certificate and those who arriving from green list of countries, must complete the “Undertaking and Acknowledgment Form” before arrival. The form can be found here.
Every passenger must book a quarantine hotel reservation for 5, 7 or 10 days made via this website. The duration of quarantine depends on country of arrival.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- passengers holding a valid vaccination or recovery certificate if arriving from green list countries.
The vaccination certificate considering valid if:
- fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covishield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty) no less than 14 days and no more than 9 months before arrival (12 months for those received a booster shot);
- fully vaccinated with Covaxin, Sinopharm, Sinovac, Sputnik V no less than 14 days and no more than 9 months before arrival. They must have a positive antibody test issued no more than 30 days before arrival.
The recovery certificate considering valid if:
- it was issued no more than 9 months before arrival.
Basically passengers without a vaccination certificate shall be quarantined up to 5 days. More info here.
Nationals of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and United Arab Emirates are not allowed to enter with a national ID card.