Link has been copied
Uruguay has installed a new radar at the Durazno airport.
This radar will improve air traffic control in the country.
Currency exchange rate UYU to USD
Country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
National holidays in Uruguay in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Uruguay in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Año Nuevo);
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Epifanía);
- March 20, Monday: Carnival (Carnaval);
- March 21, Tuesday: Carnival (Carnaval);
- April 6, Thursday: Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo);
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Buen viernes);
- April 17, Monday: Landing of the Patriots (Aterrizaje de los patriotas);
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (día del Trabajo);
- May 22, Monday: Battle of Las Piedras (Batalla de Las Piedras);
- June 19, Monday: Birth of Artigas (Nacimiento de Artigas);
- July 18, Tuesday: Constitution Day (día de la Constitución);
- August 25, Friday: Independence Day (Día de la Independencia);
- October 16, Monday: Día de la Raza (Día de la Raza);
- November 2, Thursday: All Souls’ Day (Día de los Fieles Difuntos);
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Navidad).
News - Uruguay
Today 14:43The city of Montevideo, Uruguay, experienced flooding due to heavy rains. Pin to board
30.11.2023 23:51LATAM will increase the frequency of flights between Lima (Peru) and Montevideo (Uruguay) from 5 to 7 per week from 1 December. Pin to board
09.11.2023 00:06Azul suspends flights between Porto Alegre (Brazil) and Punta del Este (Uruguay). Pin to board
07.11.2023 12:54The Uruguayan regions of Artigas, Saldo and Paysandú recorded floods caused by heavy rains. Pin to board
04.11.2023 09:01Azul Airlines opened a route between Curitiba (Brazil) and Montevideo (Uruguay). Pin to board
02.11.2023 09:15American Airlines resumes flights from Montevideo (Uruguay) to Miami. Pin to board