Link has been copied
The Tehran-Tashkent route of Qeshm Air has been opened.
Flights are on Wednesdays. Tickets cost from $200 roundtrip.
Currency exchange rate IRR to SAR
Country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
National holidays in Iran in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Iran in 2023. Non-working days:
- February 4, Saturday: Birthday of Imam Ali (ولادت امام علی);
- February 11, Saturday: Anniversary of the Islamic Revolution (سالگرد انقلاب اسلامی);
- February 18, Saturday: Mabaat (مبعث);
- March 8, Wednesday: Birthday of Imam Mahdi (ولادت امام مهدی);
- March 19, Sunday: Oil Nationalization Day (روز ملی شدن نفت);
- from March 21 to March 24, Tuesday to Friday: Novruz holiday (تعطیلات نوروز);
- April 1, Saturday: Islamic Republic Day (روز جمهوری اسلامی);
- April 2, Sunday: Sizda Bedar (سیزده بیدار);
- April 12, Wednesday: Martyrdom of Imam Ali (شهادت امام علی);
- April 22, Saturday: Eid al-Fitr (عید فطر);
- April 23, Sunday: Eid al-Adha (تعطیلات عید فطر);
- May 16, Tuesday: Martyrdom of Imam Sadeq (شهادت امام صادق);
- June 3, Saturday: Death of Imam Khomeini (ارتحال امام خمینی);
- June 5, Monday: Khordad National Uprising (1963) (قیام ملی خرداد (۱۳۴۲));
- June 29, Thursday: Eid al-Fitr (عید قربان);
- July 7, Friday: Eid al-Fitr (عید غدیر);
- July 27, Thursday: Tassua (تاسوعا);
- July 28, Friday: Ashura (عاشورا);
- September 6, Wednesday: Arbaeen (اربعین);
- September 14, Thursday: Death of the Prophet Muhammad (رحلت حضرت محمد);
- September 14, Thursday: Martyrdom of Imam Hassan (شهادت امام حسن);
- September 16, Saturday: Martyrdom of Imam Reza (شهادت امام رضا);
- September 24, Sunday: Martyrdom of Imam Hassan Asghari (شهادت امام حسن عسگری);
- October 3, Tuesday: Birthday of Imam Sadeq (ولادت امام صادق);
- October 3, Tuesday: Birthday of the Prophet Muhammad (میلاد حضرت محمد);
- December 15, Sunday: Martyrdom of Hazrat Fatima (شهادت حضرت فاطمه).
The official day off is Friday. Most government offices are also closed on Thursday.
Saudi Arabia: country’s borders status
Borders are open with restrictions.
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
Holders of a Hajj visa must have a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated.
This rule does not apply to children under 12.
Vaccines accepted are:
AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Covaxin, Covovax, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Nuvaxovid (Novavax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm (BIBP), Sinovac and Sputnik V.
More details can be found here.
Holders of a visit visa must have medical insurance to cover COVID-19 expenses.
Passengers who in the past 14 days have been in Iran are not allowed to enter.
National holidays in Saudi Arabia in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Saudi Arabia in 2023. Non-working days:
- Wednesday, 22 February: Foundation Day (يوم التأسيس);
- Friday to Monday, April 21 to April 24: Eid al-Fitr (عطلة عيد الفطر);
- Tuesday to Friday, June 27 to June 30: Eid al-Adha (عطلة عيد الأضحى);
- Saturday, 23 September: National Day (اليوم الوطني).