Link has been copied
The International Book Fair will take place from 24 August to 3 September in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic).
More than 200 writers from all over the world will participate, seminars and book events will be organised. The venue is the Plaza de la Cultura. The entrance fee is $2.
Currency exchange rate DOP to USD
Dominican Republic: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
National holidays in the Dominican Republic in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in the Dominican Republic in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year;
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany;
- Saturday, 21 January: Our Lady of Altagracia;
- Thursday, 26 January: Juan Pablo Duarte’s Birthday;
- Monday, 27 February: Independence Day;
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday;
- Monday, 1 May: Labor Day;
- Sunday, 28 May: Mother’s Day;
- Thursday, June 8: Feast of Corpus Christi;
- August 16, Wednesday: Restoration Day of the Dominican Republic;
- Sunday, 24 September: Our Lady of Mercy;
- Monday, 6 November: Constitution Day;
- December 25, Monday: Christmas.