Link has been copied
Portugal has imposed border controls.
It is timed to coincide with the World Youth Day festival and will last until 7 August.
Currency exchange rate EUR to USD
Portugal: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
National holidays in Portugal in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Portugal in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Ano Novo)
- February 21, Tuesday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Sexta-feira Santa)
- April 9, Sunday: Easter Sunday (Domingo de Páscoa)
- April 25, Tuesday: Freedom Day (Dia da Liberdade)
- May 1, Monday: Labour Day (Dia do Trabalhador)
- June 8, Thursday: Corpus Christi (Corpo de Deus)
- June 10, Saturday: National Day (Dia de Portugal, de Camões e das Comunidades Portuguesas)
- August 15, Tuesday: Assumption Day (Assunção de Nossa Senhora)
- October 5, Thursday: Republic Day (Implantação da República)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints Day (Dia de Todos-os-Santos)
- December 1, Friday: Restoration of Independence (Restauração da Independência)
- December 8, Friday: Immaculate Conception (Imaculada Conceição)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas Day (Natal)