Link has been copied
Lufthansa will fly from Munich to Shanghai from 1 April.
Tickets cost from $2,000 one way.
Currency exchange rate EUR to CNY
Germany: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there are no imposed COVID-related restrictions.
National holidays in Germany in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Germany in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Neujahr)
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Heilige Drei Könige)
- March 8, Wednesday: International Women’s Day (Internationaler Frauentag)
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Karfreitag)
- April 9, Sunday: Easter (Ostersonntag)
- April 10, Monday: Easter (Ostermontag)
- May 1, Monday: Labor Day (Tag der Arbeit)
- May 18, Thursday: Ascension of Christ (Christi Himmelfahrt)
- May 28, Sunday: Day of the Holy Trinity (Pfingstsonntag)
- May 29, Monday: Day of the Holy Trinity (Pfingstmontag)
- June 8, Thursday: Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ (Fronleichnam)
- August 15, Tuesday: Ascension of the Virgin Mary (Mariä Himmelfahrt)
- September 20, Wednesday: International Children Day (Weltkindertag)
- October 3, Tuesday: Day of German Unity (Tag der Deutschen Einheit)
- October 31, Tuesday: Reformation Day (Reformationstag)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen)
- November 22, Wednesday: Day of repentance and prayer (Buß- und Bettag)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Erster Weihnachtstag)
- December 26, Tuesday: Christmas (Zweiter Weihnachtstag)
China: country’s borders status
Borders of China are open
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- foreign citizens with a visa issued outside the Mainland of China after 28 March 2020.
Updates on visa requirements
Issuance of all types of visas is resumed.
Visa exemption for nationals of Japan with a normal passport is suspended.
Visa exemption for nationals of Brunei Darussalam and Singapore with a normal passport resumed.
All arriving people must complete an “Exit/Entry Health Declaration Form” online or from the WeChat app ‘Customs Passenger Fingertip Service’ and present a QR code before departure.
Passengers are allowed to have a rapid antigen test (including home testing kit) and airlines will not be required to check the test result. The test certificate must be in English or the official language of the departure country.
This rule does not apply to:
- passengers younger than 3 years;
- passengers arriving on a direct flight from Macao SAR, China;
- children under 4 years arriving on a direct flight from Hong Kong SAR, China;
- passengers arriving from Hong Kong (SAR China) who in the past 7 days have only been in China (People’s Rep.) , Hong Kong (SAR China) and Macao (SAR China).
National holidays in China in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in China in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (新年)
- January 22, Sunday: Chinese New Year (春節)
- March 8, Wednesday: International Women’s Day (国际妇女节)
- March 1, Monday: Day of International Solidarity of Workers (中国青年日)
- May 4, Thursday: China youth day (国际儿童节)
- June 1, Thursday: International Children’s Day (国际儿童节)
- August 1, Tuesday: The day of the creation of the People’s Liberation Army of China (创建中国人民解放军的那天)
- September 10, Sunday: Teacher’s Day (教师节)
- September 29, Friday: Feast of mid -autumn (中秋節)
- October 1, Sunday: The day of education of the PRC (中国教育日)
- April 4, Tuesday: Zinmin (清明節)
- April 5, Wednesday: Zinmin (清明節)
- April 6, Thursday: Zinmin (清明節)
- June 22, Thursday: Feast of dragon boats (端午)