Link has been copied
In Hallstatt (Austria), local residents protest against mass tourism.
The townspeople blocked the roads. Hallstatt is the prototype of the castle in the animated film “Cold Heart”.
Currency exchange rate EUR to USD
Austria: country’s borders status
Borders are open. Currently there is no COVID-related restrictions are imposed.
National holidays in Austria in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Austria in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 6, Friday: Epiphany (Offenbarung)
- April 10, Monday: Easter (Ostern)
- May 1, Monday: Labor Day (Tag der Arbeit)
- May 18, Thursday: Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt)
- May 29, Monday: Whit Monday (Pfingstmontag)
- June 8, Thursday: Corpus Christi (Corpus Christi)
- August 15, Tuesday: Assumption (Mariä Aufnahme in den Himmel)
- October 26, Thursday: National Day (Nationalfeiertag)
- November 1, Wednesday: All Saints’ Day (Allerheiligen)
- December 8, Friday: Immaculate Conception (Unbefleckte Empfängnis)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas Day (Weihnachtstag)
- December 26, Tuesday: St. Stephen`s Day (Stephanstag)