Country`s borders status
Passengers are not allowed to enter Nepal.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- citizens of Nepal and their relatives;
- holders of a Laissez-Passer issued by United Nations;
- holders of a diplomatic passport traveling on duty;
- holders of a tourist entry visa;
- foreigners of Nepali origin whose passport states Nepal as a place of birth.
Arriving people must have a medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR, SARS-CoV2 GeneXpert or Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) test result issued not more than 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point.
This doesn’t apply to children under 5.
Arriving people could be subject to quarantine for 5 days.
Those who arrive from or have transited through South Africa or the United Kingdom must have a confirmed hotel reservation for 5 days in a hotel listed here
Arriving people must complete an “International Traveller Form” before departure and present a printed copy of the form with a barcode at check-in.
Citizens of Nepal must present a completed “Passengers Locator Card” to the “health desk” upon arrival.
The issuance of visas on arrival has been suspended.