Country`s borders status
Flights from India and United Kingdom are suspended.
These passengers may enter the country:
- citizens of Kuwait, their children, spouses and domestic workers. The later must register online before departure.
- holders of a valid vaccination certificate and a visa issued by Kuwait (other than “Article 20”). They must not arrive from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka.
- holders of a vaccination certificate stating they were fully vaccinated no less than 14 days before arrival and a visa issued by Kuwait (other than “Article 20”). They must not arrive from Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka. Accepted vaccines: AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTec (Comirnaty);
- citizens and residents of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE holding a valid vaccination certificate
Arriving passengers (include those who are in transit) must have a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR) taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
These passengers do not need negative test result to enter the country:
- children younger 6 years;
- those returning to Kuwait holding a negative PCR COVID-19 test result issued before their departure from Kuwait. The maximum stay abroad is 4 days for them.
Every passenger must register online before departure and install on personal device “Shlonik” and “Kuwait-Mosafer” mobile applications.
Pasengers before departure must book online a hotel reservation for a period of 7 days.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- unaccompanied children younger 18 years;
- passengers with a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate;
- students who are citizens of Kuwait who are holding a letter from the University and the Kuwait Cultural Office.
The valid vaccination certificate must state the following:
- passenger was fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTec (Comirnaty) no less than 14 days before arrival;
- passenger was fully vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V no less than 14 days before arrival and received at least one shot of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTec (Comirnaty);
- in case it was issued in Kuwait: must be presented via Immune app, Kuwait Mobile ID app, or Kuwait-mosafer;
- in case it was issued outside of Kuwait: must be have a QR code on it or be uploaded to the webiste.
Arriving passengers will undergo medical screening. On arrival they will be additinaly tested for COVID-19 with 2 PCR tests on their own expense. Before the departure confirmation of payment for that tests must be obtained online. This rule doesn’t apply if passenger holds a valid vaccination certificate.
Passengers could be quarantined at home or a hotel for up a 14 days.
Visas on arrival issuance temporarily suspended.