Borders are closed. There are few exceptions however.
Flights from Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe are suspended.
Passengers are barred from enter if they have been in the past 14 days in one of these countries:
Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- citizens of Kuwait.
These passengers may enter the country:
- citizens of Kuwait, their children, spouses and domestic workers. The later must register online before departure.
- holders of a valid vaccination certificate and a visa issued by Kuwait (other than “Article 20”). If they do not have a vaccination certificate they must register online;
- citizens and residents of Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE holding a valid vaccination certificate.
- minors holding a residence permission issued by Kuwait;
- holders of an e-visa issued by Kuwait and a valid vaccination certificate.
Arriving passengers (include those who are in transit) must have a negative COVID-19 test result (PCR) taken no more than 72 hours before departure.
These passengers do not need negative test result to enter the country:
- children younger 6 years;
- those returning to Kuwait holding a negative PCR COVID-19 test result issued before their departure from Kuwait. The maximum stay abroad is 4 days for them;
- holders of a positive test result taken between 10 and 28 days (7 and 28 of additionally have a valid vaccination certificate) before arrival.
Every passenger must register online before departure and install on personal device “Shlonik” and “Kuwait-Mosafer” mobile applications.
Passengers before departure must book online a hotel reservation for a period of 7 days.
This rule doesn’t apply to:
- unaccompanied children younger 18 years;
- passengers with a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate;
- students who are citizens of Kuwait who are holding a letter from the University and the Kuwait Cultural Office.
The valid vaccination certificate must state the following:
- passenger was fully vaccinated with AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna, Pfizer-BioNTec (Comirnaty) no less than 14 days before arrival;
- passenger was fully vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac or Sputnik V no less than 14 days before arrival and received at least one shot of AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna or Pfizer-BioNTec (Comirnaty);
- in case it was issued in Kuwait: must be presented via Immune app, Kuwait Mobile ID app, or Kuwait-mosafer;
- in case it was issued outside of Kuwait: must be have a QR code on it or be uploaded to the webiste.
Arriving passengers will undergo medical screening. On arrival they will be additinaly tested for COVID-19 with 2 PCR tests on their own expense. Before the departure confirmation of payment for that tests must be obtained online. This rule doesn’t apply if passenger holds a valid vaccination certificate.
Passengers could be quarantined at home or a hotel for up a 10 days.
Those arriving from one of these countries:
Botswana, Eswatini, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe,
shall be quarantined for 7 days.
Visas on arrival issuance temporarily suspended.