Country`s borders status
Borders of India are temporarily closed until 31 March 2021.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- citizens and residents of India;
- spouses of citizens of India who can present proof of the marriage and a copy of the Indian national’s passport;
- citizens of Nepal and Bhutan;
- holders of an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card or booklet;
- students and minors in case one of the parents is a citizen of India or OCI cardholder;
- spouses of an Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) card holder who can present proof of the marriage and a copy of the OCI card;
- single parents of a minor who is a citizen or OCI cardholder;
- holders of a Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) card;
- passengers returning from Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives or Nepal via India to their country of residence;
- holders of a visa (except for medical visas issued on or before 21 October 2020 and tourist visas (Type T) issued by India.
Passengers are not allowed to transit through Bangalore (BLR), Chennai (MAA), Delhi (DEL), Hyderabad (HYD), Kolkata (CCU) or Mumbai (BOM).
Tourist visas (Type T), medical visas issued on or before 21 October 2020 and e-visas are invalidated.
Arriving people must:
- complete the self-declaration form before departure;
- upload a medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result of a test taken not more than 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point while filling the self-declaration form. Passengers without a test report have to undergo mandatory 7 days of institutional quarantine at their own cost and another 7 days of home quarantine on arrival in India;
- undergo medical screening.
People arriving from Afghanistan, Bahrain, France, Germany, Iraq, Kuwait, Netherlands, Oman, Qatar, Russian Fed., Ukraine or the United Arab Emirates are subject to a COVID-19 molecular test upon arrival at their own expense.
People arriving from Brazil, South Africa or the United Kingdom are subject to a COVID-19 molecular test upon arrival and another test on day 7 of the quarantine at their own expense.