Country`s borders status
Borders of Hong Kong are temporarily closed.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- holders of a Hong Kong SAR, China passport;
- holders of a Hong Kong SAR, China “Document of Identity for Visa Purposes”;
- residents of Hong Kong SAR, China who hold:
- a Permanent Identity Card; or
- an Identity card with the asterisk, the code “A” or the code “R”; or
- an Identity card with the code “C” and a visa; or
- an Identity card with the code “U” and prior approval from Hong Kong Immigration.
- Hong Kong residents who, in addition to their ID, have a visa marked “Permission to remain extended until”;
- those with a residence or study visa issued by Hong Kong SAR, China;
- those who visited in the last 21 days just the mainland of China, Taiwan or Macao SAR, China and arriving from these territories;
- residents of Macao SAR, China who after arriving will at once travel to Macao SAR, China;
- children and spouses of residents of Hong Kong SAR, China.
Those who in the past 21 days have been in or transited through Brazil, Ireland (Rep.), South Africa or the United Kingdom for more than 2 hours are not allowed to enter.
Transit is allowed only if:
- connecting flight is booked on the same ticket;
- all the boarding passes are printed;
- baggage is checked through until the final destination.
Transit through Hong Kong to Mainland China is prohibited. This doesn’t apply to holders of a diplomatic passport.
People who have been in or transited through Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Ecuador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Romania, Russian Fed., Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates or the USA in the past 21 days must have:
- a medical certificate in Chinese or English with a negative COVID-19 nucleic acid test result of a test taken not more than 72 hours before the departure of the last direct flight to Hong Kong. The name in the certificate must match the name on the travel document, or a written confirmation issued by the laboratory with the name of the passenger must be presented; and
- a letter in Chinese or English issued by the local authorities certifying the laboratory as approved by the government; and
- a hotel reservation confirmation n Chinese or English for a minimum of 21 nights.
People who have been outside the Mainland of China, Chinese Taipei and Macao SAR, China in the past 21 days must have a confirmation of hotel reservation in Chinese or English for a minimum of 21 nights. The hotel must be one of those listed here