Country`s borders status
Borders of Germany are temporarily closed.
These passengers are allowed to enter:
- British citizens and citizens of EEA Member States and Switzerland. Their immediate family members if they have proof of their family relationship;
- immediate family members of residents of Germany who have proof of their family relationship;
- passengers arriving from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or United Kingdom;
- holders of a residence permit or a long-term visa issued by an EEA Member State or Switzerland;
- holders of a visa issued by Germany after 17 March 2020;
- residents of Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Thailand and Uruguay. They must have been living in the residence country for at least 6 months;
- students if they cannot complete their study outside Germany;
- unmarried partners of residents of Germany with a written invitation and a copy of the identity document of the resident in Germany. They must also have a declaration and be able to present proof of their relationship.
Anyone who enters Germany after spending up to 10 days in a risk area before their arrival is obliged to proceed directly to their own home or other suitable accommodation and self-isolate there for 10 days. Also before departure these people must register on the website
The whole list of risk areas is constantly updated and can be found on the website
More COVID-19 related information can be found on the website