Borders of Ethiopia are open with some limitations.
Passengers must have:
- a COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 72 hours before departure from the first embarkation point; or
- a COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken at most 24 hours before arrival; or
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated ate least 14 days before arrival. Vaccines accepted are: AstraZeneca (SK Bioscience), AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm (BIBP) and Sinovac; or
- a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most 90 days before arrival.
This doesn’t apply to:
- children under 12 years;
- – refugees if their country of nationality is Ethiopia. They must take a COVID-19 rapid antigen test upon arrival.
Passengers could be subject to self-isolation for up to 7 days.