Suriname: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Suriname: country`s borders status
Borders are open with restrictions. Citizens of Haiti are barred from entry. Exception: those residing in Suriname.
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
Every passenger older than 18 must have:
- a valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate; or
- a COVID-19 recovery certificate issued at most 6 months before arrival.
This rule does not apply to:
- residents of Suriname. They must apply for an entry permit at email@example.com
Passengers younger than 18 years are not obliged to have a valid vaccination certificate.
Passengers older than 12 years must have:
- a negative COVID-19 antigen test taken at most 24 hours before departure; or
- a negative COVID-19 PCR test taken at most 48 hours before departure.
This rule doesn’t apply to holders of a vaccination certificate.
Requirements for vaccination and recovery certificates
The vaccination certificate considering valid if:
- it is issued with one of the approved vaccines:
Abdala, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), AZD1222 (SK Bioscience Co Ltd.), Covaxin, Covishield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm, Sinovac;
- passenger was fully vaccinated no less than 14 days before arrival.
National holidays in Suriname in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Suriname in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Nieuwjaarsdag);
- January 22, Sunday: Chinese New Year (Chinees Nieuwjaar);
- March 7, Tuesday: Holi Phagwa;
- April 7, Friday: Good Friday (Goede Vrijdag);
- April 9, Sunday: Easter Sunday (Paaszondag);
- April 10, Monday: Easter Monday (Paasmaandag);
- April 21, Friday: Eid al-Fitr (Suikerfeest);
- May 1, Monday: Labor Day (dag van de Arbeid);
- June 28, Wednesday: Kurban Bayram (Eid al-Adha);
- July 1, Saturday: Emancipation Day (Dag van de emancipatie);
- August 9, Wednesday: Indigenous Peoples’ Day (Dag van de inheemse bevolking);
- October 10, Tuesday: Maroon Day (Dag van de Marrons);
- November 12, Sunday: Diwali (Divali);
- November 25, Saturday: Republic Day (Dag van de Republiek);
- December 25, Monday: Christmas Day (Kerstdag);
- December 26, Tuesday: Second Day of Christmas (Kerstdag).