- Countries info
Nicaragua: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Nicaragua: country`s borders status
Borders are open with restrictions.
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
Arriving passengers (include those in transit) must have a negative RT-PCR COVID-19 test result taken no more than 72 hours before arrival.
Vaccines accepted are Abdala, AstraZeneca (Vaxzevria), COVIran Barekat, Covishield, Janssen, Moderna (Spikevax), Pfizer-BioNTech (Comirnaty), Sinopharm (BIBP), Soberana 02, Sputnik Light and Sputnik V. A combination of vaccines is accepted.
News — Nicaragua
30.01.2023 22:00Nicaragua has restricted the importation of photo, film, television, digital or video cameras.
Tourists are allowed to bring only one photo device and one binoculars (except models with night vision).
08.01.2023 19:00United Airlines resumes flights between the USA and Nicaragua.
Tickets cost from $900 roundtrip.
National holidays in Nicaragua in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Nicaragua in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Año Nuevo)
- April 6, Thursday: Maundy Thursday (Jueves Santo)
- March 7, Friday: Good Friday (Buen viernes)
- March 1, Monday: Labour Day (día del Trabajo)
- July 19, Wednesday: Liberation Day (día de la liberación)
- September 14, Thursday: Battle of San Jacinto (Batalla de San Jacinto)
- September 15, Friday: Independence Day (Día de la Independencia)
- December 8, Friday: Immaculate Conception (Inmaculada Concepción)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Navidad)