- Countries info
Brazil: restrictions and entry requirements 2023
Brazil: country’s borders status
Borders are open with restrictions.
Entry conditions for citizens and tourists
Passengers must have:
- a COVID-19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated at least 14 days before departure from the first embarkation point, OR
- a negative COVID-19 antigen or RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point.
- The certificate must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
This rule does not apply to:
- children under 12;
- holders of:
- a positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at least 15 days before departure from the first embarkation point; and
- a positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test taken at most 1 day before departure from the first embarkation point; and
- a medical certificate issued by a medical practitioner specifying that they do not have any COVID-19 symptoms and able to travel.
- The test result must be in English, Portuguese or Spanish.
News — Brazil
23.03.2023 21:00TAP Air Portugal, starting March 26, increases the frequency of will fly from 5 to 6 times a week between Lisbon and Brasilia.
Tickets cost from $1,375 roundtrip.
22.03.2023 23:30GOL will be flying daily from Brasilia to Miami since 1 April.
Tickets cost from $543 roundtrip.
22.03.2023 22:45Azul will fly from Sao Paulo, Brazil, to Paris from 26 April.
Tickets cost from $1,225 roundtrip.
21.03.2023 22:00Azul will reduce the frequency of flights between Recife, Brazil, and Montevideo, Uruguay, from 2 to 1 flight per week as of 2 April.
Tickets cost from $440 roundtrip.
20.03.2023 19:30From 1 April, SKY will operate flights between Santiago de Chile and Porto Alegre, Brazil.
Tickets are not yet on sale.
12.03.2023 19:30Air France will fly the Boeing 777-300ER from Paris to Rio de Janeiro from 26 March.
This will be the first destination in Latin America with this aircraft model.
National holidays in Brazil in 2023
Public holidays and festivals in Brazil in 2023. Non-working days:
- January 1, Sunday: New Year (Confraternização Universal)
- February 21, Tuesday: Carnival (Carnaval)
- March 7, Friday: Good Friday (Sexta feira Santa)
- March 9, Sunday: Easter (Domingo de Pascoa)
- April 21, Friday: Tira student (Dia de Tiradentes)
- May 1, Monday: Labor Day (Dia do Trabalhador)
- June 8, Thursday: Feast of the Body and Blood of Christ (Corpus Christi)
- September 7, Thursday: independence Day (Dia da Independência)
- October 12, Thursday: Day of Virgin Mary Aparesid (Nossa Senhora Aparecida)
- November 2, Thursday: The day of the Dead (Dia de Finados)
- November 15, Wednesday: Proclamation of the republic (Proclamação da República)
- December 25, Monday: Christmas (Natal)