Borders of Chile are open with some restrictions. Passengers are allowed to enter Chile via Santiago (SCL).
Flights from the United Kingdom to Chile are suspended. Those who have been in the United Kingdom in the past 14 days are not allowed to enter. This doesn’t apply to citizens and residents of Chile.
These passengers are allowed to enter through all airports:
- citizens and residents of Chile;
- parents and children of citizens and residents of Chile;
- holders of a certificate of marriage or registered partnership with citizens or residents of Chile if the relationship is registered in Chile or is registered abroad with a safe-conduct issued by a consulate of Chile.
Arriving people must have a medical certificate with a negative COVID-19 PCR SARS-CoV-2 test, taken not more than 72 hours before departure of the last direct flight to Chile.
This doesn’t apply to:
- children under 2;
- citizens and residents of Chile with 2 medical certificates with positive COVID-19 RT-PCR test results: the first test taken at least 14 days and at most one month before departure, and the second test taken at most 72 hours before departure.
All arriving people:
- must complete an Affidavit for Travellers to Prevent Coronavirus Diseases (COVID-19) (Declaracion Jurada) on the website not more than 48 hours before arrival;
- must have travel insurance with a minimum coverage of USD 30,000 to cover all expenses originated by COVID-19. This doesn’t apply to citizens and residents of Chile;
- must undergo “Passenger Tracking” for 14 days or until they leave Chile;
- could be subject to a COVID-19 test upon arrival;
- are subject to quarantine.
Citizens and residents of Chile who have been in the United Kingdom in the past 14 days are subject to quarantine for 14 days.