Borders of Canada are temporarily closed: for arrivals from the USA – until 21 December 2020, for arrivals from other countries – until 30 November 2020.
These passengers are allowed to enter if they arrive from a country other than the USA:
- people asymptomatic for COVID-19 and travel for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose. They must be one of the 24 classes of persons in section 3 (1) of the Order in Council OIC 2020-0796;
- people asymptomatic for COVID-19 who are the subject of a National Interest Exemption Letter issued by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration or the Minister of Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness.
These passengers are allowed to enter even if they arrive from the USA:
- citizens and permanent residents of Canada;
- people asymptomatic for COVID-19 and travel for a non-optional or non-discretionary purpose. They must comply with the requirement to quarantine based on their purpose of travel and intended length of stay if required;
- close family members of a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada asymptomatic for COVID-19. They must prove that they travel to be with their close family member and intend to stay for at least 15 days;
- extended family members of a citizen or a permanent resident of Canada asymptomatic for COVID-19. They must prove that they travel to be with their close family member and intend to stay for at least 15 days. They must have a statutory declaration signed by the Canadian citizen or permanent resident attesting to the relationship and a letter issued by IRCC;
- people asymptomatic for COVID-19 who enter on Compassionate Grounds with a letter issued by PHAC.
The following airports are open for passengers: Calgary (YYC), Montreal (YUL), Toronto (YYZ), Vancouver (YVR).
This doesn’t apply to passengers arriving in direct flights from Argentina, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St. Pierre and Miquelon, Suriname, Uruguay, USA or Venezuela.
Arriving people must stay under quarantine for 14 days. Certain persons are exempt from the mandatory quarantine requirement of the Order when entering Canada for the purposes of performing an essential job or function.
You can get more information on the website
Arriving people must submit their travel information before boarding through the ArriveCAN app or the website
More information can be found at website